A real user review (instead of marketing hype). As a programmer I am a high performance desktop user and have found that having a gaming grade mouse and good keyboard really boosts my productivity and happiness.
I recently had need for a new mouse and since my keyboard was getting a bit shagged that needed replacement too. I searched high and low for a low profile sexy keyboard. Comfort to reduce RSI was high on my list.
The first keyboard that I purchased was the Enermax Acrylux Wireless
In short the Acrylux is an aesthetically beautiful and comfortable keyboard but don’t buy it! The wireless just doesn’t stand up, both myself and my wife can easily out-type the wireless transmision. I really wanted to like this keyboard but in the end had to pay a courier to return it for store credit.
I went on 3 weeks holiday and let my store credit simmer and eureka! Logitech does it again by designing and releasing an amazing product. The Logitech k750.
The k750 is absolutely fabulous, everything that the Acrylux wanted to be and more.
- Ultra low profile and sexy looks.
- Positive soft touch keys that feel great, great stroke, great position, great shape.
- Fast, comfortable and easy typing.
- Solar-powered, charges fine by my desk lighting, “look Ma, no battery replacement”.
- Fully recycleable plastics.
- Even the box is recycleable card with NO plastic wrapping.
- 128-bit AES wireless encryption, no more open air passwords.
- Works well with GNU/Linux, all basic features work out of the box.
The only thing I am missing is a caps lock indication (I tend to bump this button on most keyboards but have not so far on the k750). In an effort to save power there are only two leds that flash for a moment when the light source button is pressed. A green led to indicate sufficient light to charge and a red to indicate insufficient light to charge (so the battery might run down in about 4 months, should this condition persist for that long). For indication I am running a taskbar applet (keybled) with caps, num and scroll lock indication.
In short the k750 is a fantastic keyboard, go get one!